John Culshaw gives minibus to Swiss Cottage special school
- Credit: Archant
Impressionist Jon Culshaw presented a special school with a bright-pink minibus last week to allow pupils to venture outside the classroom safely.
The 46-year-old comedian handed over the keys to the custom-made Sunshine Coach to the headteacher of Swiss Cottage Research and Development Centre, Kay Bedford, last Wednesday.
The bus was provided by children’s charity Variety and The Bernice Cowen Charitable Trust, set up in memory of an Edgware teacher who died of cancer aged 57.
Mr Culshaw said: “I’m incredibly honoured to present this Sunshine Coach to the remarkable pupils of Swiss Cottage. It’s a pleasure to see how a donation of this kind can make such a difference.
“The work of Variety and the kindness of The Bernice Cowen Charitable Trust has ensured that these children can continue to enjoy regular extra-curricular activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The coach will be used every day by the Avenue Road school to take its pupils on trips, to after-school activities and to holiday clubs.
The school has about 240 pupils aged between two and 19, who all have a wide range of special educational needs and disabilities.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
Ms Bedford, who was made an OBE in 2012, said: “We are truly thankful for the donation of the specialised Sunshine Coach from Variety and the Trust. It means a great deal to the children.
“The coach will enable them to live an enriched life, with opportunities to join in and experience activities which were previously inaccessible.”