Interactive drama school launched in Hampstead
AN interactive children's drama school where pupils can learn to write as well as act has been launched in Hampstead. Enkore Drama is a new school for children aged five to 12 at the Hampstead and Swiss Cottage community centres. Founder Katherine Gibbons
AN interactive children's drama school where pupils can learn to write as well as act has been launched in Hampstead.
Enkore Drama is a new school for children aged five to 12 at the Hampstead and Swiss Cottage community centres.
Founder Katherine Gibbons said: "The core of Enkore is that the children create their own piece of drama.
"For the older children it is about creative writing and storytelling and building this into a performance, and for the younger children it is about physically telling a story through action and words and making this their own piece of drama.
You may also want to watch:
"Each session will be a huge amount of fun and skill learning.
"Through various games and exercises the children will explore and develop characters and storylines.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 8 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 9 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
"It is about confidence building and fun, and experiencing an art that enhances the imagination and creativity."
After each class Ms Gibbons writes down all the children's ideas and at the end of term puts together a script for them to perform. For more information visit www.enkoredrama.co.uk.