Interactive drama school launched in Hampstead
AN interactive children's drama school where pupils can learn to write as well as act has been launched in Hampstead. Enkore Drama is a new school for children aged five to 12 at the Hampstead and Swiss Cottage community centres. Founder Katherine Gibbons
AN interactive children's drama school where pupils can learn to write as well as act has been launched in Hampstead.
Enkore Drama is a new school for children aged five to 12 at the Hampstead and Swiss Cottage community centres.
Founder Katherine Gibbons said: "The core of Enkore is that the children create their own piece of drama.
"For the older children it is about creative writing and storytelling and building this into a performance, and for the younger children it is about physically telling a story through action and words and making this their own piece of drama.
You may also want to watch:
"Each session will be a huge amount of fun and skill learning.
"Through various games and exercises the children will explore and develop characters and storylines.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
"It is about confidence building and fun, and experiencing an art that enhances the imagination and creativity."
After each class Ms Gibbons writes down all the children's ideas and at the end of term puts together a script for them to perform. For more information visit www.enkoredrama.co.uk.