Ifeoma, aged 11, had inside track on Tolstoy's classic
A BOOK review written by a Hampstead school pupil has been highly commended in the Costa Book Awards. Ifeoma Kuchler, from the Royal School, submitted a 200-word review of one of her favourite books, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. The 11-year-old beat 1,80
A BOOK review written by a Hampstead school pupil has been highly commended in the Costa Book Awards.
Ifeoma Kuchler, from the Royal School, submitted a 200-word review of one of her favourite books, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
The 11-year-old beat 1,800 other competitors to be named as one of 10 highly commended entries in addition to the three winning reviews.
"I'm so happy to be highly commended because I'm an athlete and nobody thinks athletes read," said Ifeoma.
You may also want to watch:
"I really love reading, and receiving a highly commended for my entry means the judges think I can write and that gives me the confidence to keep going."
The 2008 Costa Book Awards Young Judges competition took place throughout Costa Coffee stores all over the country and best-selling children's author and former Children's Laureate Dame Jacqueline Wilson chose the winners.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND