Hornsey schools get top marks from inspectors
Pupils and staff at two Hornsey schools are celebrating after receiving glowing Ofsted reports.
Greig City Academy, in the High Street, and St Mary’s Infant School, in Church Lane, have both been praised by Ofsted inspectors who visited last month.
The once struggling academy, which has 1,153 pupils as well as a sixth form, was given a good Ofsted rating with five outstanding areas.
Inspectors congratulated pupils for making outstanding contributions to their community and said there was high student and staff morale at the school thanks to the “inspirational leadership” of head teacher Paul Sutton, who was recently awarded an OBE.
He said: “We are delighted with the report. It clearly sets out what we have achieved and what we still need to do. It is a good report, a fair one and one that all members of the school community can all be proud of.”
You may also want to watch:
St Mary’s was given an outstanding Ofsted rating, with the school’s young pupils thriving in reading, writing and maths.
Parents were also given a special mention for their volunteering and help within the school.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
Headteacher, Fran Hargrove, said: “I’m over the moon that St Mary’s has now officially been recognised as an ‘outstanding’ school. “I’ve known since I came here a year ago that I was inheriting a school with some very significant strengths and an amazing team of staff.”