Historic home of LJCC and ballerina Anna Pavlova sold to school provider
- Credit: Archant
The historic former home of the London Jewish Cultural Centre (LJCC) and Russian prima ballerina Anna Pavlova is set to become a primary school after being sold to an education provider.
Ivy House in North End Road, Golders Green, was put on the market with a starting price of £6.25million back in January.
The house, which dates back to the late 18th century and was famously the home of Russian prima ballerina Anna Pavlova until her death in 1931, was being marketed as a “rare Hampstead Heath opportunity”.
Its listing by estate agent Knight Frank came as the LJCC prepared to move out and merge with Jewish community centre, the JW3.
In 2002, the LJCC bought a 125-year lease on Ivy House for £3.5m from King Alfred School, located on the opposite side of North End Road, which owns the freehold for the house.
You may also want to watch:
The Ham&High has now learned school provider Alpha Plus is set to take over the lease for an as-yet unknown amount to provide a school for about 200 pupils, all aged three to 11-years-old.
The deal is expected to be finalised by the end of the month.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Residents are understood to be concerned about the proposals and the impact on congestion.
Ivy House sits adjacent to King Alfred School and is just a stone’s throw away from Clowns Day Nursery.
Both the LJCC and Alpha Plus were unavailable for comment.