Highgate School headteacher to lead discussion at Independent Schools Show
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate headteacher will lead a discussion at an exhibition showcasing the UK’s top independent schools.
Adam Pettitt, the head of prestigious Highgate School, in North Road, will examine how parents can best assess their child’s suitability for a leading school among a range of other educational topics at the Independent Schools Show (ISS) in Battersea Park on Saturday. He will be in conversation with the headteacher of top-performing Westminster School in the City of Westminster, Patrick Derham, at 12.50pm.
Schools from across north London will be taking part in the annual exhibition, including Abercorn School in St John’s Wood, the American School in London in St John’s Wood and L’Ecole Internationale in Portland Place.
The show is expected to attract more than 5,000 visitors from across the country over two days this weekend.
ISS founder David Wellesley Wesley said: “North London has some of the finest schools in the country and the show will give parents an opportunity to really get under the skin of what each schools offers.”
The exhibition is free for all parents who register in advance at schoolsshow.co.uk.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'