Highgate School headteacher to lead discussion at Independent Schools Show
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate headteacher will lead a discussion at an exhibition showcasing the UK’s top independent schools.
Adam Pettitt, the head of prestigious Highgate School, in North Road, will examine how parents can best assess their child’s suitability for a leading school among a range of other educational topics at the Independent Schools Show (ISS) in Battersea Park on Saturday. He will be in conversation with the headteacher of top-performing Westminster School in the City of Westminster, Patrick Derham, at 12.50pm.
Schools from across north London will be taking part in the annual exhibition, including Abercorn School in St John’s Wood, the American School in London in St John’s Wood and L’Ecole Internationale in Portland Place.
The show is expected to attract more than 5,000 visitors from across the country over two days this weekend.
ISS founder David Wellesley Wesley said: “North London has some of the finest schools in the country and the show will give parents an opportunity to really get under the skin of what each schools offers.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is free for all parents who register in advance at schoolsshow.co.uk.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath