Double fireworks display wows thousands at Highgate School
- Credit: Archant
It was a double celebration at Highgate School on Saturday as crowds were treated to two fireworks displays.
The annual bonanza, which saw 3,200 guests enjoying the fun on the senior fields on Bishopwood Road, was about more than just fireworks however.
Highlights included disco dancing with the energetic Sharky & George team, the games bus for Minecraft muses and FIFA football fans and even virtual reality gaming rooms.
There were still plenty of traditional favourites, such as magic shows, balloon animals, face painting, penalty shoots-outs and a bouncy castle.
Organiser Zoe Gale said: “Saturday was a massive success with everyone from the school and community coming together, having fun with great food and entertainment, while raising money for our nominated charity, Noah’s Ark.
You may also want to watch:
“It was such a pleasure see so many happy faces.”
Street food also played a big part with the likes of Cheeky Burger, Made Without Gluten Fish & Chips, Born & Raised Pizza, Matildas Waffles and the Cheese Truck making an appearance.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?