Double fireworks display wows thousands at Highgate School
- Credit: Archant
It was a double celebration at Highgate School on Saturday as crowds were treated to two fireworks displays.
The annual bonanza, which saw 3,200 guests enjoying the fun on the senior fields on Bishopwood Road, was about more than just fireworks however.
Highlights included disco dancing with the energetic Sharky & George team, the games bus for Minecraft muses and FIFA football fans and even virtual reality gaming rooms.
There were still plenty of traditional favourites, such as magic shows, balloon animals, face painting, penalty shoots-outs and a bouncy castle.
Organiser Zoe Gale said: “Saturday was a massive success with everyone from the school and community coming together, having fun with great food and entertainment, while raising money for our nominated charity, Noah’s Ark.
You may also want to watch:
“It was such a pleasure see so many happy faces.”
Street food also played a big part with the likes of Cheeky Burger, Made Without Gluten Fish & Chips, Born & Raised Pizza, Matildas Waffles and the Cheese Truck making an appearance.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother