Double fireworks display wows thousands at Highgate School
- Credit: Archant
It was a double celebration at Highgate School on Saturday as crowds were treated to two fireworks displays.
The annual bonanza, which saw 3,200 guests enjoying the fun on the senior fields on Bishopwood Road, was about more than just fireworks however.
Highlights included disco dancing with the energetic Sharky & George team, the games bus for Minecraft muses and FIFA football fans and even virtual reality gaming rooms.
There were still plenty of traditional favourites, such as magic shows, balloon animals, face painting, penalty shoots-outs and a bouncy castle.
Organiser Zoe Gale said: “Saturday was a massive success with everyone from the school and community coming together, having fun with great food and entertainment, while raising money for our nominated charity, Noah’s Ark.
You may also want to watch:
“It was such a pleasure see so many happy faces.”
Street food also played a big part with the likes of Cheeky Burger, Made Without Gluten Fish & Chips, Born & Raised Pizza, Matildas Waffles and the Cheese Truck making an appearance.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside Hornsey block