GCSE results 2019: Parliament Hill School girls get ‘stellar’ exam results
- Credit: Archant
Parliament Hill got an “extremely impressive” set of GCSE scores, with 41 per cent of exams getting grades 7 to 9, as pupils collected their results this morning.
Among the high flyers were Sasha Lewis who got nine grade 9s, and one grade 8. Asma Maloumi was another student celebrating after getting seven grade 9s, three grade 8s and a B in additional maths.
Subjects that fared well were history, physics, chemistry and biology. 88pc of drama students got a strong pass or better.
Headteacher Sarah Creasey said she was "incredibly proud" of the year group's marks.
She said: "In a wide range of areas, we've seen results that are significantly above national performance. 52pc of grades in English Language and English Literature were at 9-7. We are very pleased with increased top grades in Maths with a third of students achieving grades 9-7.
You may also want to watch:
"A huge congratulations to Parliament Hill students who have worked incredibly hard to achieve these stellar results alongside the brilliant subject specialists whose tireless commitment is reflected in these impressive outcomes. We would like to thank families for their support and look forward to welcoming students back into the sixth form and to our brand new building and teaching facilities which open in September."
- 1 How Agatha Christie spent the war in Hampstead
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 4 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 6 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 7 Hampstead man 'scammed out of £700' by DPD worker
- 8 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 10 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur