GCSE results 2019: Parliament Hill School girls get ‘stellar’ exam results
- Credit: Archant
Parliament Hill got an “extremely impressive” set of GCSE scores, with 41 per cent of exams getting grades 7 to 9, as pupils collected their results this morning.
Among the high flyers were Sasha Lewis who got nine grade 9s, and one grade 8. Asma Maloumi was another student celebrating after getting seven grade 9s, three grade 8s and a B in additional maths.
Subjects that fared well were history, physics, chemistry and biology. 88pc of drama students got a strong pass or better.
Headteacher Sarah Creasey said she was "incredibly proud" of the year group's marks.
She said: "In a wide range of areas, we've seen results that are significantly above national performance. 52pc of grades in English Language and English Literature were at 9-7. We are very pleased with increased top grades in Maths with a third of students achieving grades 9-7.
You may also want to watch:
"A huge congratulations to Parliament Hill students who have worked incredibly hard to achieve these stellar results alongside the brilliant subject specialists whose tireless commitment is reflected in these impressive outcomes. We would like to thank families for their support and look forward to welcoming students back into the sixth form and to our brand new building and teaching facilities which open in September."
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown