Highgate Primary School’s bid to build amphitheatre boosted by Bellway Homes
- Credit: © S Saunders / Digital Nation Photography
Highgate Primary School’s bid to raise £65,000 to build an amphitheatre in the playground has been boosted by the involvement of a housing developer.
Bellway Homes – which is building 85 apartments at nearby Highgate Court – has pledged to donate bricks, blocks, mortar and plants for the project.
The team visited the school to hand out prizes to students who had created artworks based on the outside stage design.
More than 85 per cent of the funds have already been raised thanks to the efforts of the parent school association and staff and student excitement is certainly growing in Storey Road.
Headteacher William Dean said: “I am absolutely delighted to welcome the involvement of Bellway Homes with our project to build an outside stage at Highgate Primary School.
“This community facility will provide a unique space for our children to play and perform for years to come – and is a wonderful way for Bellway Homes to make a lasting contribution to our local community. We are extremely grateful.”
Bellway Homes sales manager Jody Bryant said: “There is such a great community spirit in Highgate and everyone looks after each other. As soon as we heard Highgate Primary School needed donations for their outside stage we wanted to help in any way we could. It is an excellent school and this is our way of helping out in the community.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
“We were delighted to have so many art submissions to choose from. The pupils’ passion into their designs proves how important the outside stage is for enabling performance to the wider community.”