Henrietta Barnett School named top performing state school in Sunday Times league table
- Credit: Archant
Henrietta Barnett School has been named as the UK’s top performing state school in a much-anticipated annual league table released by the Sunday Times.
Hampstead is home to the top performing state school in London once again after Henrietta Barnett secured the best GCSE results nationally in the ‘parent power’ league table with 95.2per cent of entries attaining A* or A grades – or the 9,8,7 equivalent.
The Hampstead Garden Suburb girls’ school, which has Del Cooke at the helm, also bagged stellar A-level results with 94.5pc of students getting between an A* or B in their A-levels.
“We are delighted to be the top state school for the whole of the UK in the Sunday Times,” said a school spokesman.
“This is the second consecutive year that we have achieved this accolade and we are very proud of our students’ achievements.”
Also scoring highly was South Hampstead High School after being named as the eighth best performing independent school in greater London.
The table revealed that 91.9pc of students secured between an A* or a B in their A-level results and 94.2pc bagged A* or A – or the 9,8,7 equivalent – in their GCSE results.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 8 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road