Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- Credit: Henrietta Barnett School
A Hampstead Suburb secondary school has been rated the second best state school in the UK.
Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, was rated its top position by The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022 after Queen Elizabeth School, also in Barnet, came first.
The 29th edition of Parent Power identifies the highest-achieving schools in the UK, ranked by their examination results from 2017 to 2019.
Headteacher Clare Wagner said she was "delighted" with the placement.
She added: "This testament to the hard work of students and staff here.
"This is a relatively small school and our students achieve phenomenal results.
"Sitting in the heart of the beautiful Hampstead Garden Suburb, the school is about much more than results.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
"This a very warm and friendly community; everyone is well known, pastoral care is exceptional and all girls take part in a huge range of extra-curricular activities.
"We are very proud to be the best state school in the country for girls."