Hampstead students follow in footsteps of Anna Pavlova with ballet lessons
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Anthony’s School for Girls are following in former resident and prima ballerina Anna Pavlova’s footsteps with ballet lessons.
In honour of the history of the school’s building Ivy House, in North End Road, the girls can now opt to take the extracurricular lessons with ballet dancer, Gillian Winn.
Every Monday the school will host the lessons in its ballet studio which has been restored as a tribute to Pavlova.
Gillian was trained at Elmhurst Ballet School and will now share her knowledge and experience with the girls of St Anthony’s School.
Headteacher Laura Martin said: “We think it is very important to give the girls the opportunity to choose if they want to take part in an extracurricular activity and it is essential that they understand the importance of the history of Ivy House.
You may also want to watch:
“It is wonderful that we can provide our pupils with such a great facility and that we can honour the achievements of Anna Pavlova.”
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park