Hampstead students follow in footsteps of Anna Pavlova with ballet lessons
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Anthony’s School for Girls are following in former resident and prima ballerina Anna Pavlova’s footsteps with ballet lessons.
In honour of the history of the school’s building Ivy House, in North End Road, the girls can now opt to take the extracurricular lessons with ballet dancer, Gillian Winn.
Every Monday the school will host the lessons in its ballet studio which has been restored as a tribute to Pavlova.
Gillian was trained at Elmhurst Ballet School and will now share her knowledge and experience with the girls of St Anthony’s School.
Headteacher Laura Martin said: “We think it is very important to give the girls the opportunity to choose if they want to take part in an extracurricular activity and it is essential that they understand the importance of the history of Ivy House.
You may also want to watch:
“It is wonderful that we can provide our pupils with such a great facility and that we can honour the achievements of Anna Pavlova.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill