Hampstead students follow in footsteps of Anna Pavlova with ballet lessons
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Anthony’s School for Girls are following in former resident and prima ballerina Anna Pavlova’s footsteps with ballet lessons.
In honour of the history of the school’s building Ivy House, in North End Road, the girls can now opt to take the extracurricular lessons with ballet dancer, Gillian Winn.
Every Monday the school will host the lessons in its ballet studio which has been restored as a tribute to Pavlova.
Gillian was trained at Elmhurst Ballet School and will now share her knowledge and experience with the girls of St Anthony’s School.
Headteacher Laura Martin said: “We think it is very important to give the girls the opportunity to choose if they want to take part in an extracurricular activity and it is essential that they understand the importance of the history of Ivy House.
You may also want to watch:
“It is wonderful that we can provide our pupils with such a great facility and that we can honour the achievements of Anna Pavlova.”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home