Hampstead sale: Well this is a turn up for the books Glenda
Visitors were shocked to find their MP making a surprise appearance at the Heath Library’s annual book sale, according to Heathman’s sources.
The Friends of Heath Library raised a record �1,382 from generous book donations at the annual sale.
Hundreds pitched up at Keats Grove to snap up �1 book deals, including Hampstead & Kilburn Glenda Jackson’s biography.
Ruth Gorb, of the friends group, said: “This year we did better than we have ever done before. We are absolutely thrilled.”
The library is threatened with closure after Camden Council withdrew its funding.
You may also want to watch:
The friends group is holding a meeting on October 19 to discuss the library’s future.
Perhaps Glenda will lend her support with another surprise appearance?
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'