Hampstead sale: Well this is a turn up for the books Glenda
Visitors were shocked to find their MP making a surprise appearance at the Heath Library’s annual book sale, according to Heathman’s sources.
The Friends of Heath Library raised a record �1,382 from generous book donations at the annual sale.
Hundreds pitched up at Keats Grove to snap up �1 book deals, including Hampstead & Kilburn Glenda Jackson’s biography.
Ruth Gorb, of the friends group, said: “This year we did better than we have ever done before. We are absolutely thrilled.”
The library is threatened with closure after Camden Council withdrew its funding.
You may also want to watch:
The friends group is holding a meeting on October 19 to discuss the library’s future.
Perhaps Glenda will lend her support with another surprise appearance?
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'