Hampstead sale: Well this is a turn up for the books Glenda
Visitors were shocked to find their MP making a surprise appearance at the Heath Library’s annual book sale, according to Heathman’s sources.
The Friends of Heath Library raised a record �1,382 from generous book donations at the annual sale.
Hundreds pitched up at Keats Grove to snap up �1 book deals, including Hampstead & Kilburn Glenda Jackson’s biography.
Ruth Gorb, of the friends group, said: “This year we did better than we have ever done before. We are absolutely thrilled.”
The library is threatened with closure after Camden Council withdrew its funding.
You may also want to watch:
The friends group is holding a meeting on October 19 to discuss the library’s future.
Perhaps Glenda will lend her support with another surprise appearance?
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour