'Boost we need': La Sainte Union pupils awarded speech and drama certificates
- Credit: La Sainte Union
Year 10 pupils at Highgate's La Sainte Union have been awarded their speech and drama certificates, with a third receiving distinctions.
The Trinity College London qualifications are funded by the school and taken by every Year 9 girl, many of whom prepared their pieces during lockdown.
Head of the faculty of the creative arts Sarah O’Keefe said: "It gives pupils vital skills for life after leaving school - empathy, self-confidence and communication skills.
"We want all of our students to be able to walk into any formal setting with confidence."
As part of the qualification, pupils perform a Shakespeare duologue in pairs, followed by a modern duologue and an interview with the examiner.
You may also want to watch:
Pupil Jessica Anoboga said: “At first I didn’t want to take part, but I’m so glad I did - I feel like I can do anything."
Sirena Cordova-Dauncey said: “It’s given us just the boost we need - it’ll be a great addition to my UCAS form and CV."
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate