Ham&High Young Readers’ editor and UCS student celebrates with 11 A* GCSEs
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High celebrated its own GCSE success yesterday as the editor of its latest Young Readers’ Edition was awarded an astonishing 11 A*s.
Daniel Wittenberg, who goes to University College School (UCS) in Hampstead, said he was “thrilled” to be one of 20 pupils at the private school to receive 10 or more straight A*s.
The 16-year-old edited the second Ham&High Young Readers’ Edition earlier this year - a 24-page supplement filled with news, comment and features written by young people.
The budding journalist says he will go on to study English, French, Spanish and Politics at A-Level and while eventually wanting to become a reporter, he says he may study languages at university.
Speaking on his success, he said: “I’m really happy. I had to double-check my results a few times as I couldn’t believe I’d got all A*s.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to all the teachers here at UCS who have given me great support.”
Asked what the young talent will be doing to celebrate, he said: “I will be doing work experience at The Observer and then the Daily Mirror. After that I’ll take a break.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing