Ham&High Young Readers’ editor and UCS student celebrates with 11 A* GCSEs
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High celebrated its own GCSE success yesterday as the editor of its latest Young Readers’ Edition was awarded an astonishing 11 A*s.
Daniel Wittenberg, who goes to University College School (UCS) in Hampstead, said he was “thrilled” to be one of 20 pupils at the private school to receive 10 or more straight A*s.
The 16-year-old edited the second Ham&High Young Readers’ Edition earlier this year - a 24-page supplement filled with news, comment and features written by young people.
The budding journalist says he will go on to study English, French, Spanish and Politics at A-Level and while eventually wanting to become a reporter, he says he may study languages at university.
Speaking on his success, he said: “I’m really happy. I had to double-check my results a few times as I couldn’t believe I’d got all A*s.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to all the teachers here at UCS who have given me great support.”
Asked what the young talent will be doing to celebrate, he said: “I will be doing work experience at The Observer and then the Daily Mirror. After that I’ll take a break.”
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals