Ham&High Young Readers’ editor and UCS student celebrates with 11 A* GCSEs
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High celebrated its own GCSE success yesterday as the editor of its latest Young Readers’ Edition was awarded an astonishing 11 A*s.
Daniel Wittenberg, who goes to University College School (UCS) in Hampstead, said he was “thrilled” to be one of 20 pupils at the private school to receive 10 or more straight A*s.
The 16-year-old edited the second Ham&High Young Readers’ Edition earlier this year - a 24-page supplement filled with news, comment and features written by young people.
The budding journalist says he will go on to study English, French, Spanish and Politics at A-Level and while eventually wanting to become a reporter, he says he may study languages at university.
Speaking on his success, he said: “I’m really happy. I had to double-check my results a few times as I couldn’t believe I’d got all A*s.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to all the teachers here at UCS who have given me great support.”
Asked what the young talent will be doing to celebrate, he said: “I will be doing work experience at The Observer and then the Daily Mirror. After that I’ll take a break.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley