Ham&High Young Readers’ editor and UCS student celebrates with 11 A* GCSEs
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High celebrated its own GCSE success yesterday as the editor of its latest Young Readers’ Edition was awarded an astonishing 11 A*s.
Daniel Wittenberg, who goes to University College School (UCS) in Hampstead, said he was “thrilled” to be one of 20 pupils at the private school to receive 10 or more straight A*s.
The 16-year-old edited the second Ham&High Young Readers’ Edition earlier this year - a 24-page supplement filled with news, comment and features written by young people.
The budding journalist says he will go on to study English, French, Spanish and Politics at A-Level and while eventually wanting to become a reporter, he says he may study languages at university.
Speaking on his success, he said: “I’m really happy. I had to double-check my results a few times as I couldn’t believe I’d got all A*s.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to all the teachers here at UCS who have given me great support.”
Asked what the young talent will be doing to celebrate, he said: “I will be doing work experience at The Observer and then the Daily Mirror. After that I’ll take a break.”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
- 9 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 10 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police