Glowing Ofsted report for Royal Free Hospital school
A HAMPSTEAD school has received a glowing report from Ofsted inspectors. The Royal Free Hospital Children s School was especially praised for its outstanding focus on supporting pupils emotional wellbeing, mental health and personal development. Headteac
A HAMPSTEAD school has received a glowing report from Ofsted inspectors.
The Royal Free Hospital Children's School was especially praised for its outstanding focus on supporting pupils' emotional wellbeing, mental health and personal development.
Headteacher Jude Chalk was praised for introducing "very effective" systems and practices since her appointment 18 months ago.
"I welcome the Ofsted report," she said. "It acknowledges our staff's commitment to providing personalised learning for all children - both in-patient and day pupils. I am immensely proud of the academic and personal achievements of all our pupils."
You may also want to watch:
According to the report, overall teaching standards are "good" and the school's "outstanding" support helps pupils' attainment to rise sharply. Almost all of the day pupils are successful in gaining several GCSEs with standards in the expected range, and most successfully move on to sixth form or college placements for further education.
The report states that this is an outstanding achievement for the pupils considering their starting points and difficulties.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
Questionnaires used by the school and the inspection show parents' overwhelming satisfaction with their children's education.
Camden Council's schools boss Cllr Andrew Mennear congratulated the school on its success.
He said: "The school should be rightly proud of the Ofsted inspection and its achievements in getting such an excellent report.