Glowing Ofsted report for Royal Free Hospital school
A HAMPSTEAD school has received a glowing report from Ofsted inspectors. The Royal Free Hospital Children s School was especially praised for its outstanding focus on supporting pupils emotional wellbeing, mental health and personal development. Headteac
A HAMPSTEAD school has received a glowing report from Ofsted inspectors.
The Royal Free Hospital Children's School was especially praised for its outstanding focus on supporting pupils' emotional wellbeing, mental health and personal development.
Headteacher Jude Chalk was praised for introducing "very effective" systems and practices since her appointment 18 months ago.
"I welcome the Ofsted report," she said. "It acknowledges our staff's commitment to providing personalised learning for all children - both in-patient and day pupils. I am immensely proud of the academic and personal achievements of all our pupils."
You may also want to watch:
According to the report, overall teaching standards are "good" and the school's "outstanding" support helps pupils' attainment to rise sharply. Almost all of the day pupils are successful in gaining several GCSEs with standards in the expected range, and most successfully move on to sixth form or college placements for further education.
The report states that this is an outstanding achievement for the pupils considering their starting points and difficulties.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Questionnaires used by the school and the inspection show parents' overwhelming satisfaction with their children's education.
Camden Council's schools boss Cllr Andrew Mennear congratulated the school on its success.
He said: "The school should be rightly proud of the Ofsted inspection and its achievements in getting such an excellent report.