GCSE Results Day 2017: Channing school in Highgate celebrates ‘outstanding’ results
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at top independent school Channing are celebrating after scooping outstanding GCSE results.
In total the Highgate school’s students notched up 84 per cent A* - A grades with half of all pupils achieving A*s and As across the board.
And ten students achieved A* grades in all their subjects.
Headmistress Barbara Elliott said: “I am so proud of my pupils’ achievements today. My exceptional teaching team prepared the girls well for their exams, placing equal importance on learning as well as developing their resilience and well-being.
“This is the final year of all A* to C grades before we move over to reformed subjects and it was certainly a great year to celebrate with the girls with such an impressive set of results,” Mrs Elliott added.
You may also want to watch:
In its most recent Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report inspectors judged achievement and learning at The Bank school to be ‘exceptional’.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved