GCSE results 2019: Regent High School pupils score high as headteacher praises their ‘dedication’
- Credit: Archant
Dedication and commitment were key to some outstanding GCSE grades at Regent High School in Somer’s Town.
Meanwhile high-achieving year 11 pupils thanked "teachers who truly care".
One academic star was former St Michael's Primary pupil Diana Vorona, who scored four grade 9s, three 8s, three 7s and a 6.
That included an astonishing 9 in Russian.
Meanwhile Faziha Begum, Abdulrahim Bare, Ramin Shah and Zahara Matin were all highlighted for scoring an impressive spread of 7s, 8s, and 9s.
You may also want to watch:
Diana said: "Teachers have given a lot of support. It is personal for them, they truly, truly care for the students."
She also had advice for next year's crop of pupils - Revise early but don't sacrifice sleep.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
Headteacher Gary Moore said: "I am extremely proud of the dedication and commitment shown by our Year 11 students this year, and I am delighted to be able to congratulate them on their excellent results."
He also thanked his teaching staff and added: "These results show our students' strong progress, regardless of their starting points, and prepare them for success in the future."