GCSE results 2019: Regent High School pupils score high as headteacher praises their ‘dedication’
- Credit: Archant
Dedication and commitment were key to some outstanding GCSE grades at Regent High School in Somer’s Town.
Meanwhile high-achieving year 11 pupils thanked "teachers who truly care".
One academic star was former St Michael's Primary pupil Diana Vorona, who scored four grade 9s, three 8s, three 7s and a 6.
That included an astonishing 9 in Russian.
Meanwhile Faziha Begum, Abdulrahim Bare, Ramin Shah and Zahara Matin were all highlighted for scoring an impressive spread of 7s, 8s, and 9s.
You may also want to watch:
Diana said: "Teachers have given a lot of support. It is personal for them, they truly, truly care for the students."
She also had advice for next year's crop of pupils - Revise early but don't sacrifice sleep.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 3 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 4 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 5 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 6 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
- 7 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 8 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 9 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 10 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
Headteacher Gary Moore said: "I am extremely proud of the dedication and commitment shown by our Year 11 students this year, and I am delighted to be able to congratulate them on their excellent results."
He also thanked his teaching staff and added: "These results show our students' strong progress, regardless of their starting points, and prepare them for success in the future."