GCSE results 2019: Regent High School pupils score high as headteacher praises their ‘dedication’
- Credit: Archant
Dedication and commitment were key to some outstanding GCSE grades at Regent High School in Somer’s Town.
Meanwhile high-achieving year 11 pupils thanked "teachers who truly care".
One academic star was former St Michael's Primary pupil Diana Vorona, who scored four grade 9s, three 8s, three 7s and a 6.
That included an astonishing 9 in Russian.
Meanwhile Faziha Begum, Abdulrahim Bare, Ramin Shah and Zahara Matin were all highlighted for scoring an impressive spread of 7s, 8s, and 9s.
You may also want to watch:
Diana said: "Teachers have given a lot of support. It is personal for them, they truly, truly care for the students."
She also had advice for next year's crop of pupils - Revise early but don't sacrifice sleep.
- 1 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 2 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Headteacher Gary Moore said: "I am extremely proud of the dedication and commitment shown by our Year 11 students this year, and I am delighted to be able to congratulate them on their excellent results."
He also thanked his teaching staff and added: "These results show our students' strong progress, regardless of their starting points, and prepare them for success in the future."