GCSE results 2019: Regent High School pupils score high as headteacher praises their ‘dedication’
- Credit: Archant
Dedication and commitment were key to some outstanding GCSE grades at Regent High School in Somer’s Town.
Meanwhile high-achieving year 11 pupils thanked "teachers who truly care".
One academic star was former St Michael's Primary pupil Diana Vorona, who scored four grade 9s, three 8s, three 7s and a 6.
That included an astonishing 9 in Russian.
Meanwhile Faziha Begum, Abdulrahim Bare, Ramin Shah and Zahara Matin were all highlighted for scoring an impressive spread of 7s, 8s, and 9s.
Diana said: "Teachers have given a lot of support. It is personal for them, they truly, truly care for the students."
She also had advice for next year's crop of pupils - Revise early but don't sacrifice sleep.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 3 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 4 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 5 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 6 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 8 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 9 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 10 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
Headteacher Gary Moore said: "I am extremely proud of the dedication and commitment shown by our Year 11 students this year, and I am delighted to be able to congratulate them on their excellent results."
He also thanked his teaching staff and added: "These results show our students' strong progress, regardless of their starting points, and prepare them for success in the future."