GCSE live coverage: Tense wait for Camden pupils as GCSE results are released today
- Credit: Archant
Nervous pupils across Camden are preparing for a day of reckoning as GCSE results are released today.
Secondary schools across the borough will be opening their doors to hand out the long-awaited results envelopes to Year 11s.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest results and stories from your local schools here throughout the day.
Our reporters will be visiting schools across the borough during the morning, speaking to students and teachers about the results.
Ofqual, England’s exam watchdog, has warned that GCSE maths, English and science results could drop this year due to changes made in order to address concerns over grade inflation.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the number of pupils achieving A* to C grades was down nationally by just 0.4 per cent, with girls out performing the boys.
Almost eight per cent more girls achieved the target A* to C grades in 2012, an improvement on the seven per cent margin in 2011.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
But will the trend continue in 2013?
Check all the latest results as they’re released via the Ham&High’s web, Twitter and Facebook coverage.