GCSE live coverage: Tense wait for Camden pupils as GCSE results are released today
- Credit: Archant
Nervous pupils across Camden are preparing for a day of reckoning as GCSE results are released today.
Secondary schools across the borough will be opening their doors to hand out the long-awaited results envelopes to Year 11s.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest results and stories from your local schools here throughout the day.
Our reporters will be visiting schools across the borough during the morning, speaking to students and teachers about the results.
Ofqual, England’s exam watchdog, has warned that GCSE maths, English and science results could drop this year due to changes made in order to address concerns over grade inflation.
Last year the number of pupils achieving A* to C grades was down nationally by just 0.4 per cent, with girls out performing the boys.
Almost eight per cent more girls achieved the target A* to C grades in 2012, an improvement on the seven per cent margin in 2011.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
But will the trend continue in 2013?
Check all the latest results as they’re released via the Ham&High’s web, Twitter and Facebook coverage.