Garden Suburb Junior School pupils enjoy all the fun of the circus
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Children and parents at a Hampstead Garden Suburb primary school enjoyed an evening at the circus to support plans for a new playground.
Around 500 Garden Suburb Junior School pupils and their parents joined travelling circus group Happy’s Circus for an evening of entertainment on the school’s field, in Child’s Way, last Tuesday (June 4).
The event, organised by the school’s Parent Teacher Association, is thought to have raised up to £5,000 which will all go towards a grand re-design of the school’s playground.
Happy’s Circus stayed overnight on the school field before the event and set up a big-top tent for performances.
Headteacher Eileen Bhavsar said: “There were juggling clowns, balancing acts, trapeze artists and people balancing knives and fire! It was a fun, family show.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a real feel-good factor on the day because it was the first day back after the school holidays.”
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Blind swimmer behind legal challenge fights 'exclusion' of disabled