Garden Suburb Junior School pupils enjoy all the fun of the circus
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Children and parents at a Hampstead Garden Suburb primary school enjoyed an evening at the circus to support plans for a new playground.
Around 500 Garden Suburb Junior School pupils and their parents joined travelling circus group Happy’s Circus for an evening of entertainment on the school’s field, in Child’s Way, last Tuesday (June 4).
The event, organised by the school’s Parent Teacher Association, is thought to have raised up to £5,000 which will all go towards a grand re-design of the school’s playground.
Happy’s Circus stayed overnight on the school field before the event and set up a big-top tent for performances.
Headteacher Eileen Bhavsar said: “There were juggling clowns, balancing acts, trapeze artists and people balancing knives and fire! It was a fun, family show.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a real feel-good factor on the day because it was the first day back after the school holidays.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead