Garden Suburb Junior School pupils enjoy all the fun of the circus
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Children and parents at a Hampstead Garden Suburb primary school enjoyed an evening at the circus to support plans for a new playground.
Around 500 Garden Suburb Junior School pupils and their parents joined travelling circus group Happy’s Circus for an evening of entertainment on the school’s field, in Child’s Way, last Tuesday (June 4).
The event, organised by the school’s Parent Teacher Association, is thought to have raised up to £5,000 which will all go towards a grand re-design of the school’s playground.
Happy’s Circus stayed overnight on the school field before the event and set up a big-top tent for performances.
Headteacher Eileen Bhavsar said: “There were juggling clowns, balancing acts, trapeze artists and people balancing knives and fire! It was a fun, family show.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a real feel-good factor on the day because it was the first day back after the school holidays.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets