Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell to set up free school near Highgate home
- Credit: EMPICS Sports Photo Agency
Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell has unveiled plans to set up a free school near her Highgate home.
Ms Halliwell – who is now known as Mrs Horner following her marriage to Forumula 1 boss Christian Horner – has already held meetings with officials in Downing Street and the Department for Education about the proposal.
But in an interview with the Mail on Sunday, she insisted that plans were still in the preliminary phase for a school to specialise in the arts and in business.
Aspiring to be a role model for young people, Mrs Horner said: “I believe in education. It’s an empowering fundamental human right that everyone deserves. Education is a foundation for life.”
Mrs Horner has one daughter called Bluebelle, aged nine, who attends a north London private school.
You may also want to watch:
The pop star, who shot to fame with the Spice Girls in the 1990s, is an alumna of top state secondary Camden School for Girls in Camden Town.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election