Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell to set up free school near Highgate home
- Credit: EMPICS Sports Photo Agency
Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell has unveiled plans to set up a free school near her Highgate home.
Ms Halliwell – who is now known as Mrs Horner following her marriage to Forumula 1 boss Christian Horner – has already held meetings with officials in Downing Street and the Department for Education about the proposal.
But in an interview with the Mail on Sunday, she insisted that plans were still in the preliminary phase for a school to specialise in the arts and in business.
Aspiring to be a role model for young people, Mrs Horner said: “I believe in education. It’s an empowering fundamental human right that everyone deserves. Education is a foundation for life.”
Mrs Horner has one daughter called Bluebelle, aged nine, who attends a north London private school.
You may also want to watch:
The pop star, who shot to fame with the Spice Girls in the 1990s, is an alumna of top state secondary Camden School for Girls in Camden Town.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site