Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell to set up free school near Highgate home
- Credit: EMPICS Sports Photo Agency
Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell has unveiled plans to set up a free school near her Highgate home.
Ms Halliwell – who is now known as Mrs Horner following her marriage to Forumula 1 boss Christian Horner – has already held meetings with officials in Downing Street and the Department for Education about the proposal.
But in an interview with the Mail on Sunday, she insisted that plans were still in the preliminary phase for a school to specialise in the arts and in business.
Aspiring to be a role model for young people, Mrs Horner said: “I believe in education. It’s an empowering fundamental human right that everyone deserves. Education is a foundation for life.”
Mrs Horner has one daughter called Bluebelle, aged nine, who attends a north London private school.
You may also want to watch:
The pop star, who shot to fame with the Spice Girls in the 1990s, is an alumna of top state secondary Camden School for Girls in Camden Town.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute