Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell to set up free school near Highgate home
- Credit: EMPICS Sports Photo Agency
Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell has unveiled plans to set up a free school near her Highgate home.
Ms Halliwell – who is now known as Mrs Horner following her marriage to Forumula 1 boss Christian Horner – has already held meetings with officials in Downing Street and the Department for Education about the proposal.
But in an interview with the Mail on Sunday, she insisted that plans were still in the preliminary phase for a school to specialise in the arts and in business.
Aspiring to be a role model for young people, Mrs Horner said: “I believe in education. It’s an empowering fundamental human right that everyone deserves. Education is a foundation for life.”
Mrs Horner has one daughter called Bluebelle, aged nine, who attends a north London private school.
You may also want to watch:
The pop star, who shot to fame with the Spice Girls in the 1990s, is an alumna of top state secondary Camden School for Girls in Camden Town.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill