Fitzjohn’s Primary School in Hampstead celebrates Diamond Jubilee
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Fitzjohn’s Primary School in Hampstead celebrated its Diamond Jubilee with a special fancy dress garden party.
The school, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, marked 60 years since its opening in 1953 with a garden party for current and past pupils, parents, carers and staff on Friday.
Last week, the school put on a range of activities to commemorate the milestone - including a sponsored sports event and a special decades dance assembly - culminating in the fancy dress-themed garden party.
Party-goers were invited to dress in the style of their favourite decade from the past six decades.
Headteacher Rob Earrey, one of only five headteachers in the school’s history, said: “We are thrilled to be celebrating Fitzjohn’s Diamond Jubilee. The school has a proud past, and looks to a bright future.
You may also want to watch:
“For 60 years, we have continued to serve a vibrant and diverse community, and this is reflected in our fantastic school spirit and loyal, committed staff and parent body.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more