Fitzjohn’s Primary School in Hampstead celebrates Diamond Jubilee
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Fitzjohn’s Primary School in Hampstead celebrated its Diamond Jubilee with a special fancy dress garden party.
The school, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, marked 60 years since its opening in 1953 with a garden party for current and past pupils, parents, carers and staff on Friday.
Last week, the school put on a range of activities to commemorate the milestone - including a sponsored sports event and a special decades dance assembly - culminating in the fancy dress-themed garden party.
Party-goers were invited to dress in the style of their favourite decade from the past six decades.
Headteacher Rob Earrey, one of only five headteachers in the school’s history, said: “We are thrilled to be celebrating Fitzjohn’s Diamond Jubilee. The school has a proud past, and looks to a bright future.
You may also want to watch:
“For 60 years, we have continued to serve a vibrant and diverse community, and this is reflected in our fantastic school spirit and loyal, committed staff and parent body.”
- 1 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 8 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 9 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 10 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat