Fitzjohn’s Primary School celebrates 60th anniversary in the sun
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A Hampstead primary school celebrated its 60th anniversary with a day of fun in the sun.
Fitzjohn’s Primary School held its summer fair last Saturday, and also celebrated 60 years since the school opened in 1953.
The fair at the school in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, featured music, arts and crafts, a barbecue, games and a bouncy castle.
It followed a fancy dress garden party to celebrate the school’s Diamond Jubilee last month.
Headteacher Rob Earrey said: “This year’s summer fair was a particularly special one for us.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great opportunity to celebrate 60 years of Fitzjohn’s with the local community.
“It was also the first fair in which we could utilise our wonderful new kitchen and science laboratory, and showcase produce grown by the children from our award-winning fruit and vegetable garden.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep