England rugby stars Lawrence Dallaglio and Jason Leonard coach University College School boys in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Two rugby legends passed on some playing tips to boys when they visited their school.
Lawrence Dallaglio and Jason Leonard were at University College School (UCS) in Ranulf Road, after parent Neil Morris bought coaching sessions in an auction and donated them to the school.
Working with Year 9, the former England stars helped the boys during their training session with warm-ups and drills, providing general coaching throughout the afternoon.
At the end of the lesson the boys were treated to a question and answer session and heard what it was like to play in the Rugby World Cup and the players’ favourite moments during their careers.
John Cooke, UCS director of sport, said: “It is not often that young boys get to train with such legends. It was a great opportunity for the boys and coaches to develop their rugby skills.
You may also want to watch:
“Lawrence and Jason brought a unique perspective to our general training and coaching and everyone really enjoyed their visit.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office