England rugby stars Lawrence Dallaglio and Jason Leonard coach University College School boys in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Two rugby legends passed on some playing tips to boys when they visited their school.
Lawrence Dallaglio and Jason Leonard were at University College School (UCS) in Ranulf Road, after parent Neil Morris bought coaching sessions in an auction and donated them to the school.
Working with Year 9, the former England stars helped the boys during their training session with warm-ups and drills, providing general coaching throughout the afternoon.
At the end of the lesson the boys were treated to a question and answer session and heard what it was like to play in the Rugby World Cup and the players’ favourite moments during their careers.
John Cooke, UCS director of sport, said: “It is not often that young boys get to train with such legends. It was a great opportunity for the boys and coaches to develop their rugby skills.
“Lawrence and Jason brought a unique perspective to our general training and coaching and everyone really enjoyed their visit.”
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests