Double GCSE results joy for twins at Barnet and Haringey schools
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for several sets of twins who picked up their GCSE results at Barnet and Haringey schools this year.
All-girls grammar Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb, celebrated top results from two sets of twins yesterday.
Anuradha and Sharmila Hall were hit by illness and covered in itchy spots while sitting their exams after both catching chickenpox.
But the 16-year-old sisters from Wembley battled through their ailments and came away with 13 As between them.
Tara and Naomi Kilcoyne, another set of Henrietta Barnett twins, both celebrated straight A*s in 21 subjects between them.
Tara said: “It feels like everything came right and there were lots of times we didn’t think it would come together. We did all our work together, we procrastinated together - it was very much a family effort!”
Top independent Highgate School, in North Road, Highgate, also enjoyed success from two sets of twins.
- 1 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 8 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
Identical twins Daniel and James Remo both achieved 11 A*s in the same subjects, including Mandarin, while twins Amy and Zara Tyne each got three A*s and six As.