Double GCSE results joy for twins at Barnet and Haringey schools
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for several sets of twins who picked up their GCSE results at Barnet and Haringey schools this year.
All-girls grammar Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb, celebrated top results from two sets of twins yesterday.
Anuradha and Sharmila Hall were hit by illness and covered in itchy spots while sitting their exams after both catching chickenpox.
But the 16-year-old sisters from Wembley battled through their ailments and came away with 13 As between them.
Tara and Naomi Kilcoyne, another set of Henrietta Barnett twins, both celebrated straight A*s in 21 subjects between them.
You may also want to watch:
Tara said: “It feels like everything came right and there were lots of times we didn’t think it would come together. We did all our work together, we procrastinated together - it was very much a family effort!”
Top independent Highgate School, in North Road, Highgate, also enjoyed success from two sets of twins.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Identical twins Daniel and James Remo both achieved 11 A*s in the same subjects, including Mandarin, while twins Amy and Zara Tyne each got three A*s and six As.