Double GCSE results joy for twins at Barnet and Haringey schools
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for several sets of twins who picked up their GCSE results at Barnet and Haringey schools this year.
All-girls grammar Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb, celebrated top results from two sets of twins yesterday.
Anuradha and Sharmila Hall were hit by illness and covered in itchy spots while sitting their exams after both catching chickenpox.
But the 16-year-old sisters from Wembley battled through their ailments and came away with 13 As between them.
Tara and Naomi Kilcoyne, another set of Henrietta Barnett twins, both celebrated straight A*s in 21 subjects between them.
You may also want to watch:
Tara said: “It feels like everything came right and there were lots of times we didn’t think it would come together. We did all our work together, we procrastinated together - it was very much a family effort!”
Top independent Highgate School, in North Road, Highgate, also enjoyed success from two sets of twins.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
Identical twins Daniel and James Remo both achieved 11 A*s in the same subjects, including Mandarin, while twins Amy and Zara Tyne each got three A*s and six As.