Double GCSE results joy for twins at Barnet and Haringey schools
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for several sets of twins who picked up their GCSE results at Barnet and Haringey schools this year.
All-girls grammar Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb, celebrated top results from two sets of twins yesterday.
Anuradha and Sharmila Hall were hit by illness and covered in itchy spots while sitting their exams after both catching chickenpox.
But the 16-year-old sisters from Wembley battled through their ailments and came away with 13 As between them.
Tara and Naomi Kilcoyne, another set of Henrietta Barnett twins, both celebrated straight A*s in 21 subjects between them.
You may also want to watch:
Tara said: “It feels like everything came right and there were lots of times we didn’t think it would come together. We did all our work together, we procrastinated together - it was very much a family effort!”
Top independent Highgate School, in North Road, Highgate, also enjoyed success from two sets of twins.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Identical twins Daniel and James Remo both achieved 11 A*s in the same subjects, including Mandarin, while twins Amy and Zara Tyne each got three A*s and six As.