Double GCSE results joy for twins at Barnet and Haringey schools
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for several sets of twins who picked up their GCSE results at Barnet and Haringey schools this year.
All-girls grammar Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb, celebrated top results from two sets of twins yesterday.
Anuradha and Sharmila Hall were hit by illness and covered in itchy spots while sitting their exams after both catching chickenpox.
But the 16-year-old sisters from Wembley battled through their ailments and came away with 13 As between them.
Tara and Naomi Kilcoyne, another set of Henrietta Barnett twins, both celebrated straight A*s in 21 subjects between them.
You may also want to watch:
Tara said: “It feels like everything came right and there were lots of times we didn’t think it would come together. We did all our work together, we procrastinated together - it was very much a family effort!”
Top independent Highgate School, in North Road, Highgate, also enjoyed success from two sets of twins.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
Identical twins Daniel and James Remo both achieved 11 A*s in the same subjects, including Mandarin, while twins Amy and Zara Tyne each got three A*s and six As.