Central drama college dials M for support from Skyfall stars Dame Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw
- Credit: Archant
Dame Judi Dench has thrown her support behind a charitable scheme to fund scholarships for budding actors.
The Oscar-winning actress was joined by Skyfall co-star Ben Whishaw for a special fundraising event last Tuesday for students studying at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
The school, in Eton Avenue, Swiss Cottage, which counts Dench among its alumni, is aiming to build the Scholarship Fund year-on-year so it is able to provide grants for up to a quarter of the student body.
The fundraiser raised £30,000 towards the scheme, which will support 15 students from September 2013.
Alumnus and Central president, Michael Grandage, hosted the fundraiser at a production of hit West End show Peter and Alice by John Logan, which stars Dench and Whishaw.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Henderson, principal of the drama school, said: “It was such a wonderful evening which truly reflected Royal Central’s investment in providing talented graduates to the creative industries.”
* PHOTO GALLERY: To see more pictures, click the link on the right hand side of the page
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms