Council assured ‘no horse meat’ in Camden school meals
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Parents in Camden have been reassured that no meals served in the borough’s schools have been affected by the horse meat scandal.
Caterlink, the company which supplies all Camden school meals, has given the council a guarantee no horse and pig products have found their way into beef burgers served to schoolchildren.
The company insists it does not use any meat-based product from Findus and other suppliers currently associated with the on-going investigation by the Food Standards Agency.
Cllr Angela Mason, cabinet member for children, said: “The horsemeat scandal is obviously worrying and parents especially will want to be sure that they know what their children are eating when they are at school.
“I am pleased that I can give a guarantee to parents that children with special food requirements, for example because of religious beliefs are completely safe when they are eating school meals.
You may also want to watch:
“Our contract with Caterlink provides a robust and stable basis to guarantee the high quality of the ingredients in Camden school meals.”
Penny Richards, Caterlink’s operation director, said: “Caterlink is proud of our farm to fork journey which ensures that we can trace the origin of our freshly prepared meat dishes to the farm where the animals are reared.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
“All of our suppliers are audited by an external body to ensure that they comply with our and statutory obligations.”