Channing pupils clean up in litter competition with TV’s Kirstie Allsopp
- Credit: Archant
Children from a school in Highgate have won a national poster competition as part of the Clean for the Queen keep tidy up campaign.
The girls from Channing Junior School designed an anti-litter poster which was chosen as overall winner from hundreds of entries.
They were joined by TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp to pick up litter in Westminster as part of the campaign to clean up the country in time for the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Channing junior school headmistress Louise Lawrance said: “After being chosen as the overall school winners, we were delighted to be asked to join Kirstie Allsopp at Victoria Tower Park in Westminster to act as Keep Britain Tidy ambassadors.
“I am very proud that my girls are taking their roles of champions of the environment so seriously. They are concerned about the impact of litter pollution on wildlife in particular and are determined to be a part of the solution, rather than the problem.”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of people around the country joined the litter clean up over the weekend.
Television presenter Kirstie Allsopp said: “I know all too well from my travels around the country that there are places that could do with some TLC. I would urge everyone to get involved with Clean for The Queen.”
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United