Channing celebrates improved grades
- Credit: Archant
Channing School had cause for celebration today as it bucked the national trend by increasing its percentage of A* to B grades, from 85% to 91%.
The top performing subjects at the school were English, Art & Design and French, with both head-girls gaining straight A* grades.
Students will now be heading off to a range of top universities from across the country, including both Oxford and Cambridge.
And headmistress Barbara Elliot was full of praise for the everyone involved:
“The combination of superb teaching, exceptional pastoral care and hard work means that Channing students often surpass even the most ambitious goals,” she said
You may also want to watch:
“I am very proud to celebrate their success with them today.”
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 7 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea