Camden school is marked ‘outstanding’ by inspectors
Pupils, staff and governors at a school in Camden Town are celebrating an early Christmas present - after being rated outstanding by Ofsted inspectors.
The report grades St Mary & St Pancras CofE Primary School in Werrington Street, Somers Town, “outstanding” overall with an outstanding capacity to improve.
Inspectors praised the excellent behaviour of pupils, high standards of teaching and learning, and extremely effective leadership at the school.
They said in order to improve further, the school should increase the proportion of good and outstanding teaching and plan lessons that always match the full range of pupils’ needs.
Executive headteacher Sheila McCalla-Gordon said: “The school and local community are thrilled that we now have official affirmation that St Mary & St Pancras CofE Primary is outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
“Our journey over the last 10 years has seen highs and lows. Now everything about our school indicates that the highs are here to stay for many more years to come.”
Cllr Larraine Revah, Camden Council’s cabinet member for children, schools and families, said: “This is another step forward towards our ambition of achieving excellence across all our schools in Camden over the next five to 10 years.”
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 6 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 10 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
Staff at St Mary & St Pancras Children’s Centre, based at the school, are also celebrating after being rated “good with outstanding elements” following their recent Ofsted inspection.