Camden School for Girls student turns Oxford University rejection letter into artwork
- Credit: Archant
A Camden School for Girls student has seen her rejection letter from Oxford University go viral after transforming into a work of art.
Claudia Vulliamy, who had applied to study Classics at Oxford, decided she would get creative with her letter – a picture of which has been retweeted on Twitter more than 50,000 times.
The 18-year-old, who has since been accepted to Durham University, said: “I was obviously a bit disappointed to receive the news, but it felt quite momentous having a letter for me declaring it.
“The meaningful and sometimes overly sympathetic phrases within it jumped out at me, and I had an urge to make it into some sort of collage.
“It was a therapeutic activity after bad news, and it would be funny to show my friends. I had no clue that the world would see it.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope that everyone who has received similar news knows that there is so much more to a person than Oxbridge. This result does not define you – and there’s a good chance you’d be happier somewhere else.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve