Camden School for Girls student turns Oxford University rejection letter into artwork
- Credit: Archant
A Camden School for Girls student has seen her rejection letter from Oxford University go viral after transforming into a work of art.
Claudia Vulliamy, who had applied to study Classics at Oxford, decided she would get creative with her letter – a picture of which has been retweeted on Twitter more than 50,000 times.
The 18-year-old, who has since been accepted to Durham University, said: “I was obviously a bit disappointed to receive the news, but it felt quite momentous having a letter for me declaring it.
“The meaningful and sometimes overly sympathetic phrases within it jumped out at me, and I had an urge to make it into some sort of collage.
“It was a therapeutic activity after bad news, and it would be funny to show my friends. I had no clue that the world would see it.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope that everyone who has received similar news knows that there is so much more to a person than Oxbridge. This result does not define you – and there’s a good chance you’d be happier somewhere else.”
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden