Camden plans to expand Hawley Infants School
Camden Council has asked for feedback on proposals for a 100-year-old infant school to treble in size and admit older children aged seven to 11.
Hawley Infants School, currently one of the few in the borough catering for infant pupils only, does not have space on-site to expand.
New proposals are being considered for it to move from its current site in Buck Street, Camden Town, to the Hawley Wharf canal-side development and increase in size to admit junior aged pupils. This would depend on the development being approved.
Developers are due to submit new plans for the Hawley Wharf development of flats and shops on Regent’s Canal this week.
If plans are approved, it would move into the proposed residential and retail development just 300 metres from its current site in Buck Street.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the scheme would be paid for by the developer of the residential scheme.
The move would save Camden Council �224,000 in repairs to the current site.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
If the proposal is given the green light the new school site could open in September 2015.
The council is welcoming comments on the scheme until September 13.
Comments should be addressed in email to email@example.com, or in writing to Mark Kemp, property strategy and investment manager, Camden Schools and Families, Camden Council, Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BD.