Brookfield Primary School comes out on top in Camden maths challenge
- Credit: Archant
Brookfield Primary School came out on top in the fifth Camden maths challenge.
Teams of four mathematicians from 13 schools across the borough solved logic puzzles, decoded cross numbers and raced against the clock to solve problems last week.
Organiser Kate Frood said: “Camden schools are embracing all the best from the Shanghai maths national programme but we are also retaining our huge commitment to creative maths as seen today.
“Being able to problem solve and reason mathematically is the biggest predictor of future mathematical success.
“And more importantly, children absolutely love working together to solve problems and talk maths.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a brilliant day for our young mathematicians.
“Well done to the winners Brookfield.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper