Brookfield Primary School comes out on top in Camden maths challenge
- Credit: Archant
Brookfield Primary School came out on top in the fifth Camden maths challenge.
Teams of four mathematicians from 13 schools across the borough solved logic puzzles, decoded cross numbers and raced against the clock to solve problems last week.
Organiser Kate Frood said: “Camden schools are embracing all the best from the Shanghai maths national programme but we are also retaining our huge commitment to creative maths as seen today.
“Being able to problem solve and reason mathematically is the biggest predictor of future mathematical success.
“And more importantly, children absolutely love working together to solve problems and talk maths.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a brilliant day for our young mathematicians.
“Well done to the winners Brookfield.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen