Brookfield Primary School comes out on top in Camden maths challenge
- Credit: Archant
Brookfield Primary School came out on top in the fifth Camden maths challenge.
Teams of four mathematicians from 13 schools across the borough solved logic puzzles, decoded cross numbers and raced against the clock to solve problems last week.
Organiser Kate Frood said: “Camden schools are embracing all the best from the Shanghai maths national programme but we are also retaining our huge commitment to creative maths as seen today.
“Being able to problem solve and reason mathematically is the biggest predictor of future mathematical success.
“And more importantly, children absolutely love working together to solve problems and talk maths.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a brilliant day for our young mathematicians.
“Well done to the winners Brookfield.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street