Britain’s tallest man plays basketball with Our Lady of Muswell Primary School kids
- Credit: Archant
Children at Our Lady of Muswell Primary School were left “stunned” by a surprise visit of Britain’s tallest man.
Standing at 7ft7ins, Paul Sturgess turns heads wherever he goes, but it was especially the case with a group of bleary-eyed kids who quickly reached the height of excitement.
After a special assembly the former Harlem Globetrotters player, who is also the tallest professional basketball player in the world, gave lessons in the sport all day with track and field athlete Mark Waters.
The pair began visiting primary schools around the country in 2014 to deliver basketball ‘wow days’, in a bid to inspire kids to be healthy, dedicated and willing to take part in team sports.
Speaking after the event, Paul said: “It’s a great day to inspire children, have fun, spread positive messages and experience basketball.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Paul and Mrak’s ‘wow days’ visit basketballwowday.co.uk.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease