Britain’s tallest man plays basketball with Our Lady of Muswell Primary School kids
- Credit: Archant
Children at Our Lady of Muswell Primary School were left “stunned” by a surprise visit of Britain’s tallest man.
Standing at 7ft7ins, Paul Sturgess turns heads wherever he goes, but it was especially the case with a group of bleary-eyed kids who quickly reached the height of excitement.
After a special assembly the former Harlem Globetrotters player, who is also the tallest professional basketball player in the world, gave lessons in the sport all day with track and field athlete Mark Waters.
The pair began visiting primary schools around the country in 2014 to deliver basketball ‘wow days’, in a bid to inspire kids to be healthy, dedicated and willing to take part in team sports.
Speaking after the event, Paul said: “It’s a great day to inspire children, have fun, spread positive messages and experience basketball.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Paul and Mrak’s ‘wow days’ visit basketballwowday.co.uk.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives