Arsenal mascot Gunnersaurus opens Torriano Junior School’s all-weather football pitch
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal’s cuddly mascot Gunnersaurus cheered on primary schoolchildren as they played football for the first time on a new all-weather pitch.
The green dinosaur officially opened the pitch, funded by the The Arsenal Foundation, last week at Torriano Junior School in Torriano Avenue, Kentish Town.
Children saw one of football’s most glittering prizes up close as the club brought along the FA Cup, which it won last month.
As well as football, the pitch can be used to stage athletics, tennis and cricket.
Local football teams and community groups will also play there.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Helen Bruckdorfer said: “We’re absolutely delighted that this pitch has been transformed into a dynamic, multi-purpose sports facility for our children to enjoy.
“The Arsenal Foundation has left a real legacy for Torriano Primary School which can be enjoyed by many for years to come.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town