Arsenal mascot Gunnersaurus opens Torriano Junior School’s all-weather football pitch
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal’s cuddly mascot Gunnersaurus cheered on primary schoolchildren as they played football for the first time on a new all-weather pitch.
The green dinosaur officially opened the pitch, funded by the The Arsenal Foundation, last week at Torriano Junior School in Torriano Avenue, Kentish Town.
Children saw one of football’s most glittering prizes up close as the club brought along the FA Cup, which it won last month.
As well as football, the pitch can be used to stage athletics, tennis and cricket.
Local football teams and community groups will also play there.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Helen Bruckdorfer said: “We’re absolutely delighted that this pitch has been transformed into a dynamic, multi-purpose sports facility for our children to enjoy.
“The Arsenal Foundation has left a real legacy for Torriano Primary School which can be enjoyed by many for years to come.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end