Acland Burghley School look to alumni to inspire current generation of students
- Credit: Archant
A Tufnell Park state school is seeking former students who can inspire the current generation to academic success and career confidence.
Acland Burghley School is teaming up with alumni community Future First to get in touch with former students in established careers and recent leavers in further education.
Headteacher Nicholas John said: “We are delighted to be working with Future First. It helps students from all backgrounds broaden their horizons and make informed career choices.
“Acland Burghley has such talented students – both past and present. Getting today’s students to link up with former students who are now successful adults will help them on their journey to success.”
Christine Gilbert, executive chair of Future First, said, “Every state school student should have the opportunity to succeed in life after school. We want more schools to see the benefits of using their alumni as a powerful resource.“
You may also want to watch:
Former students can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing