A-levels results day 2017: ‘Pioneering’ South Hampstead High School students secure ‘outstanding’ results across board
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another outstanding year for South Hampstead High School after 73pc cent of students managed to secure A* or A grades – a figure which is about three times above the national average.
The results – which saw 28pc awarded A*s and 92pc were given A* to B grades – have secured students places at universities including Oxford and Cambridge, as well as US colleges, medical schools and art courses.
Headmistress Vicky Bingham said: “I am so proud of our pupils’ successes. They have worked extremely hard and made such a significant contribution to our community.
“I am particularly delighted that in a year with so much change at national level, our pupils have continued to excel. I wish our pioneering young women every success in the next exciting chapter of their lives.”
Alexandra Willis, heading to Oxford to read chemistry, achieved four A*s in chemistry, mathematics, further mathematics and art & design. “I’m a bit overwhelmed,” she said. “I’ve been at South Hampstead since reception. The best thing about this school is how incredibly supportive the teachers are. I really couldn’t be more grateful.”
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Tara Zeigherman, an accomplished dancer who has choreographed major performances at South Hampstead High School, is off to Georgetown University, USA, after a gap year which will include an internship in the Israeli parliament and voluntary work in Fiji and Vietnam. Zoe Tara achieved all A*s and As in English literature, German, government and politics and history.
- 1 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 2 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United