A-levels results day 2017: ‘Pioneering’ South Hampstead High School students secure ‘outstanding’ results across board
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another outstanding year for South Hampstead High School after 73pc cent of students managed to secure A* or A grades – a figure which is about three times above the national average.
The results – which saw 28pc awarded A*s and 92pc were given A* to B grades – have secured students places at universities including Oxford and Cambridge, as well as US colleges, medical schools and art courses.
Headmistress Vicky Bingham said: “I am so proud of our pupils’ successes. They have worked extremely hard and made such a significant contribution to our community.
“I am particularly delighted that in a year with so much change at national level, our pupils have continued to excel. I wish our pioneering young women every success in the next exciting chapter of their lives.”
Alexandra Willis, heading to Oxford to read chemistry, achieved four A*s in chemistry, mathematics, further mathematics and art & design. “I’m a bit overwhelmed,” she said. “I’ve been at South Hampstead since reception. The best thing about this school is how incredibly supportive the teachers are. I really couldn’t be more grateful.”
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Tara Zeigherman, an accomplished dancer who has choreographed major performances at South Hampstead High School, is off to Georgetown University, USA, after a gap year which will include an internship in the Israeli parliament and voluntary work in Fiji and Vietnam. Zoe Tara achieved all A*s and As in English literature, German, government and politics and history.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash