A Level Results day: Pupils at South Hampstead High School do better than last year
Pupils at South Hampstead High School in Swiss Cottage are celebrating today after gaining some incredible A Level results.
The school has beaten its own record last year with 97 per cent of all exams taken resulting in A*s, As or Bs and 83 per cent in A*s and As.
Headteacher Jenny Stephens said: “I’m just thrilled with the girls, they have got wonderful results. They have all worked so hard and deserve this.”
Eva Sprecher, 18, from Kentish Town, got four A*s and secured a place at Oxford to read experimental psychology.
She said: “I am really surprised I wasn’t expecting it at all. I asked if it was a mistake.”
You may also want to watch:
While fellow pupil Sophie Ross, from Finchley, got 3A*s and an A and will study classics at Oxford.
She said: “I am surprised but overjoyed. It was very hard but worth it.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate