A Level Results day: Pupils at South Hampstead High School do better than last year
Pupils at South Hampstead High School in Swiss Cottage are celebrating today after gaining some incredible A Level results.
The school has beaten its own record last year with 97 per cent of all exams taken resulting in A*s, As or Bs and 83 per cent in A*s and As.
Headteacher Jenny Stephens said: “I’m just thrilled with the girls, they have got wonderful results. They have all worked so hard and deserve this.”
Eva Sprecher, 18, from Kentish Town, got four A*s and secured a place at Oxford to read experimental psychology.
She said: “I am really surprised I wasn’t expecting it at all. I asked if it was a mistake.”
You may also want to watch:
While fellow pupil Sophie Ross, from Finchley, got 3A*s and an A and will study classics at Oxford.
She said: “I am surprised but overjoyed. It was very hard but worth it.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again