A Level Results day: Pupils at South Hampstead High School do better than last year
Pupils at South Hampstead High School in Swiss Cottage are celebrating today after gaining some incredible A Level results.
The school has beaten its own record last year with 97 per cent of all exams taken resulting in A*s, As or Bs and 83 per cent in A*s and As.
Headteacher Jenny Stephens said: “I’m just thrilled with the girls, they have got wonderful results. They have all worked so hard and deserve this.”
Eva Sprecher, 18, from Kentish Town, got four A*s and secured a place at Oxford to read experimental psychology.
She said: “I am really surprised I wasn’t expecting it at all. I asked if it was a mistake.”
You may also want to watch:
While fellow pupil Sophie Ross, from Finchley, got 3A*s and an A and will study classics at Oxford.
She said: “I am surprised but overjoyed. It was very hard but worth it.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity