A Level Results day: Pupils at South Hampstead High School do better than last year
Pupils at South Hampstead High School in Swiss Cottage are celebrating today after gaining some incredible A Level results.
The school has beaten its own record last year with 97 per cent of all exams taken resulting in A*s, As or Bs and 83 per cent in A*s and As.
Headteacher Jenny Stephens said: “I’m just thrilled with the girls, they have got wonderful results. They have all worked so hard and deserve this.”
Eva Sprecher, 18, from Kentish Town, got four A*s and secured a place at Oxford to read experimental psychology.
She said: “I am really surprised I wasn’t expecting it at all. I asked if it was a mistake.”
You may also want to watch:
While fellow pupil Sophie Ross, from Finchley, got 3A*s and an A and will study classics at Oxford.
She said: “I am surprised but overjoyed. It was very hard but worth it.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords