A-level results day 2019: King Alfred School celebrates success of ‘well-rounded bunch’
- Credit: Archant
There were “smiles all round” at King Alfred School in Golders Green today as the school digested a stellar set of A-level results which saw 92 per cent of students achieve A* to C grades.
The school's headteacher Robert Lobatto said "A-levels are not easy, and these results show that the focus and effort our students have put in has really paid off.
"We're proud of all our A level students and can't wait to see what they do next."
One pleased student is KCL-bound Monica - who is off to study a liberal arts course.
After opening an envelope with an A*, A and B in it, she said: "I would like to thank my teachers and the school for pushing me when I needed motivation. I'm really looking forward to going to uni."
You may also want to watch:
Ania Herbut, Head of Sixth Form said "The students should be very proud of these great exam results and everything else they've achieved during their time at King Alfred.
"They are a really well rounded bunch whose confidence and abilities will carry them far. Well done!'
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash