A-level results day 2019: King Alfred School celebrates success of ‘well-rounded bunch’
- Credit: Archant
There were “smiles all round” at King Alfred School in Golders Green today as the school digested a stellar set of A-level results which saw 92 per cent of students achieve A* to C grades.
The school's headteacher Robert Lobatto said "A-levels are not easy, and these results show that the focus and effort our students have put in has really paid off.
"We're proud of all our A level students and can't wait to see what they do next."
One pleased student is KCL-bound Monica - who is off to study a liberal arts course.
After opening an envelope with an A*, A and B in it, she said: "I would like to thank my teachers and the school for pushing me when I needed motivation. I'm really looking forward to going to uni."
You may also want to watch:
Ania Herbut, Head of Sixth Form said "The students should be very proud of these great exam results and everything else they've achieved during their time at King Alfred.
"They are a really well rounded bunch whose confidence and abilities will carry them far. Well done!'
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure