A-level results day 2019: King Alfred School celebrates success of ‘well-rounded bunch’
- Credit: Archant
There were “smiles all round” at King Alfred School in Golders Green today as the school digested a stellar set of A-level results which saw 92 per cent of students achieve A* to C grades.
The school's headteacher Robert Lobatto said "A-levels are not easy, and these results show that the focus and effort our students have put in has really paid off.
"We're proud of all our A level students and can't wait to see what they do next."
One pleased student is KCL-bound Monica - who is off to study a liberal arts course.
After opening an envelope with an A*, A and B in it, she said: "I would like to thank my teachers and the school for pushing me when I needed motivation. I'm really looking forward to going to uni."
You may also want to watch:
Ania Herbut, Head of Sixth Form said "The students should be very proud of these great exam results and everything else they've achieved during their time at King Alfred.
"They are a really well rounded bunch whose confidence and abilities will carry them far. Well done!'
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 3 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 4 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 5 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 6 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
- 7 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 8 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 9 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 10 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy