A-level results day 2017: Portland Place School students celebrate 96% pass rate
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating this morning after this year’s crop bagged an overall pass rate of 96per cent in their A-level results.
David Bradbury, who is headteacher of the Westminster independent school, is thrilled with the results.
said: “I am very pleased with these results and proud of our students. Though not as high as 2016 – a record year for Portland Place School – they continue an improving trend from 2014 and 2015.
“History, government and politics, art, economics, geography, media studies and English literature all had very good results, as did those students taking the Extended Project Qualification. I expect our value added scores to once-again be high.
“We are all so thrilled by these results. It gives us confidence in our method of teaching which is based around individual attention in a nurturing environment.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all of the students the very best in their future and we looking forward to hearing about their impending successes.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres