A-level results day 2017: Portland Place School students celebrate 96% pass rate
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating this morning after this year’s crop bagged an overall pass rate of 96per cent in their A-level results.
David Bradbury, who is headteacher of the Westminster independent school, is thrilled with the results.
said: “I am very pleased with these results and proud of our students. Though not as high as 2016 – a record year for Portland Place School – they continue an improving trend from 2014 and 2015.
“History, government and politics, art, economics, geography, media studies and English literature all had very good results, as did those students taking the Extended Project Qualification. I expect our value added scores to once-again be high.
“We are all so thrilled by these results. It gives us confidence in our method of teaching which is based around individual attention in a nurturing environment.
“We wish all of the students the very best in their future and we looking forward to hearing about their impending successes.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead