A-level results day 2017: Portland Place School students celebrate 96% pass rate
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating this morning after this year’s crop bagged an overall pass rate of 96per cent in their A-level results.
David Bradbury, who is headteacher of the Westminster independent school, is thrilled with the results.
said: “I am very pleased with these results and proud of our students. Though not as high as 2016 – a record year for Portland Place School – they continue an improving trend from 2014 and 2015.
“History, government and politics, art, economics, geography, media studies and English literature all had very good results, as did those students taking the Extended Project Qualification. I expect our value added scores to once-again be high.
“We are all so thrilled by these results. It gives us confidence in our method of teaching which is based around individual attention in a nurturing environment.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all of the students the very best in their future and we looking forward to hearing about their impending successes.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video