A-level results day 2017: Portland Place School students celebrate 96% pass rate
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating this morning after this year’s crop bagged an overall pass rate of 96per cent in their A-level results.
David Bradbury, who is headteacher of the Westminster independent school, is thrilled with the results.
said: “I am very pleased with these results and proud of our students. Though not as high as 2016 – a record year for Portland Place School – they continue an improving trend from 2014 and 2015.
“History, government and politics, art, economics, geography, media studies and English literature all had very good results, as did those students taking the Extended Project Qualification. I expect our value added scores to once-again be high.
“We are all so thrilled by these results. It gives us confidence in our method of teaching which is based around individual attention in a nurturing environment.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all of the students the very best in their future and we looking forward to hearing about their impending successes.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home