A-level results day 2017: Portland Place School students celebrate 96% pass rate
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating this morning after this year’s crop bagged an overall pass rate of 96per cent in their A-level results.
David Bradbury, who is headteacher of the Westminster independent school, is thrilled with the results.
said: “I am very pleased with these results and proud of our students. Though not as high as 2016 – a record year for Portland Place School – they continue an improving trend from 2014 and 2015.
“History, government and politics, art, economics, geography, media studies and English literature all had very good results, as did those students taking the Extended Project Qualification. I expect our value added scores to once-again be high.
“We are all so thrilled by these results. It gives us confidence in our method of teaching which is based around individual attention in a nurturing environment.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all of the students the very best in their future and we looking forward to hearing about their impending successes.”
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 4 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND