A Christmas card fit for an MP
Lisson Grove pupils celebrate designing Karen Buck’s Christmas card
NORTH Westminster MP Karen Buck visited a Lisson Grove primary school last week to congratulate winning pupils on designing her official Christmas card.
The annual competition sees pupils from different primary schools battle it out for the winning card design which is then sent out to thousands of recipients as Ms Buck’s official card.
Visiting Christchurch Bentinck primary school last Thursday, Ms Buck awarded the winning pupils with book vouchers.
“I’ve previously had St Augustine’s, St Mary Magdalene’s, Wilberforce, Queen’s Park, and St Peter’s schools design the cards so I’m well on my way to covering all the schools in the area,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“This year’s winner is of a nativity scene, which is very nice.
“The kids enjoy drawing the pictures and it’s always a pleasure to go into the schools and say thank you for designing them for me.”
- 1 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 4 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 5 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 6 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours