A Christmas card fit for an MP
Lisson Grove pupils celebrate designing Karen Buck’s Christmas card
NORTH Westminster MP Karen Buck visited a Lisson Grove primary school last week to congratulate winning pupils on designing her official Christmas card.
The annual competition sees pupils from different primary schools battle it out for the winning card design which is then sent out to thousands of recipients as Ms Buck’s official card.
Visiting Christchurch Bentinck primary school last Thursday, Ms Buck awarded the winning pupils with book vouchers.
“I’ve previously had St Augustine’s, St Mary Magdalene’s, Wilberforce, Queen’s Park, and St Peter’s schools design the cards so I’m well on my way to covering all the schools in the area,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“This year’s winner is of a nativity scene, which is very nice.
“The kids enjoy drawing the pictures and it’s always a pleasure to go into the schools and say thank you for designing them for me.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 9 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101