Editor’s comment: Let’s all try to brighten up our streets for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
This year Christmas, no matter how you dress it up, is going to be a little different, so let’s all make an effort to brighten things up a bit. We want to see your pictures and videos of homes and streets given a Christmas makeover.
The government announced this week that between December 23 and 27, three households will be allowed to form a temporary “Christmas bubble”. They will be able to mix indoors and stay overnight.
Nonetheless, many people will still find themselves isolated or unable to visit family and friends, and it has been a tough year for everyone.
That’s why it is more important than ever to help put a smile on our neighbours’ faces.
Ham&High reader Linda Grove got the bauble rolling last week with her lovely decorations in Belsize Lane, where she is inviting families to visit Santa and encouraging children to write positive messages to hang in the trees along the street. Linda told us she has since had a fantastic response.
You may also want to watch:
Many churches will, I’m sure, have nativity scenes to mark such an important time in the Christian calendar. Do send your pictures so we can help spread the message.
But whatever your creative approach, we’d like to see your pictures and videos.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
The Ham&High is encouraging everyone around the borough to brighten up their streets, front windows, gardens and homes to help spread festive cheer.
• Email pictures and videos of your decorations to the Ham&High