Editor’s comment: Let’s all try to brighten up our streets for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
This year Christmas, no matter how you dress it up, is going to be a little different, so let’s all make an effort to brighten things up a bit. We want to see your pictures and videos of homes and streets given a Christmas makeover.
The government announced this week that between December 23 and 27, three households will be allowed to form a temporary “Christmas bubble”. They will be able to mix indoors and stay overnight.
Nonetheless, many people will still find themselves isolated or unable to visit family and friends, and it has been a tough year for everyone.
That’s why it is more important than ever to help put a smile on our neighbours’ faces.
Ham&High reader Linda Grove got the bauble rolling last week with her lovely decorations in Belsize Lane, where she is inviting families to visit Santa and encouraging children to write positive messages to hang in the trees along the street. Linda told us she has since had a fantastic response.
You may also want to watch:
Many churches will, I’m sure, have nativity scenes to mark such an important time in the Christian calendar. Do send your pictures so we can help spread the message.
But whatever your creative approach, we’d like to see your pictures and videos.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
The Ham&High is encouraging everyone around the borough to brighten up their streets, front windows, gardens and homes to help spread festive cheer.
• Email pictures and videos of your decorations to the Ham&High