Edith Bowman's expansion plans
RADIO 1 DJ Edith Bowman is set to expand her Gospel Oak pad after agreeing to swap houses with her next-door neighbour. As well as switching homes, the Scottish-born Ms Bowman is also reportedly buying a second neighbour s house on the quiet terraced stre
RADIO 1 DJ Edith Bowman is set to expand her Gospel Oak pad after agreeing to swap houses with her next-door neighbour.
As well as switching homes, the Scottish-born Ms Bowman is also reportedly buying a second neighbour's house on the quiet terraced street close to Hampstead Heath.
The deal looks set to go through after she was given planning permission earlier this month to convert the two adjacent houses into one big family home.
It looks set to be the perfect solution for Ms Bowman, who had been looking for ways to create more space in her home for her family.
Earlier this year she and her partner Tom Smith, lead singer with the band The Editors, applied to dig deep underground to build a basement in their current house, but that idea was eventually shelved because it was "incompatible" and "uneconomic".
At the time her neighbour Susan Wright told the Ham&High how the couple, who have a young son, had asked her if she wanted to sell up - but they all seem to have found the answer by a simple exchange.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 3 'Incredibly kind and caring': Tribute to wife who died with brain tumour
- 4 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 Crouch End bar loses licence as court appeal fails
- 7 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 8 Infected blood scandal victims to receive £100k interim payments
- 9 'Let’s take the motor traffic out of Swiss Cottage'
- 10 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
On November 4 Ms Bowman was told that the conversion would comply with Camden Council's planning regulations.
Ms Wright did not wish to comment this week but told the Ham&High the agreement was being "processed".