Eco friendly beer has pub customers in a froth
ENVIRONMENTALLY conscious drinkers at a Belsize Park pub can get sloshed and wake up the next morning knowing that whatever happened the night before, they haven t added to the hole in the ozone layer. The famous Sir Richard Steele s pub on Haverstock Hill is th
ENVIRONMENTALLY conscious drinkers at a Belsize Park pub can get sloshed and wake up the next morning knowing that whatever happened the night before, they haven't added to the hole in the ozone layer.
The Sir Richard Steele's pub on Haverstock Hill is the first London pub to offer punters carbon-neutral real ale on draft.
The Adnam's East Green uses high-yielding barley, grown and malted near the energy-efficient Southwold brewhouse, and any remaining CO2 produced trucking the eco-beer to the Steele's will be offset.
Kirk McGrath, joint owner of the pub, said: "Customers are rather excited about it. It tastes pretty good, which is unusual as normally on things like this they skimp on the taste and the flavour."
You may also want to watch:
Rather ominously for the carbon footprint of the beer, he added: "We've had it on for a week and it's flying out of here.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change