Eco friendly beer has pub customers in a froth
ENVIRONMENTALLY conscious drinkers at a Belsize Park pub can get sloshed and wake up the next morning knowing that whatever happened the night before, they haven t added to the hole in the ozone layer. The famous Sir Richard Steele s pub on Haverstock Hill is th
ENVIRONMENTALLY conscious drinkers at a Belsize Park pub can get sloshed and wake up the next morning knowing that whatever happened the night before, they haven't added to the hole in the ozone layer.
The Sir Richard Steele's pub on Haverstock Hill is the first London pub to offer punters carbon-neutral real ale on draft.
The Adnam's East Green uses high-yielding barley, grown and malted near the energy-efficient Southwold brewhouse, and any remaining CO2 produced trucking the eco-beer to the Steele's will be offset.
Kirk McGrath, joint owner of the pub, said: "Customers are rather excited about it. It tastes pretty good, which is unusual as normally on things like this they skimp on the taste and the flavour."
You may also want to watch:
Rather ominously for the carbon footprint of the beer, he added: "We've had it on for a week and it's flying out of here.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans