Eco campaigner Tamsin storms coal dinner
ECO-CAMPAIGNER Tamsin Omond led another attack on polluting companies last night (Thursday), with a protest outside the coal industry's annual dinner in Marylebone. Ms Omond, who grew up in West Hampstead and now lives in Belsize Park, led her campaign g
ECO-CAMPAIGNER Tamsin Omond led another attack on polluting companies last night (Thursday), with a protest outside the coal industry's annual dinner in Marylebone.
Ms Omond, who grew up in West Hampstead and now lives in Belsize Park, led her campaign group Climate Rush in the action.
Dozens of young campaigners refused to move from outside the Landmark Hotel on Thursday evening, where the industry leaders were celebrating in the hotel's ballroom.
Earlier on Ms Omond and a group of activists stormed the meeting before being carried out by police
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old student said: "We waited outside and had a big party while they were leaving. We've got to remind the coal industry that they can't be hobbing nobbing with MPs while they are responsible for carbon emissions."
Energy minister Mike O'Brien was due to attend the dinner at the five star hotel which is opposite the tube station.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
Ms Omond is one of the leading young activists on environmental issues in the UK.
She was one of a group of daring protestors who opposed Heathrow's Third Runway from the roof of parliament in March for which she escaped imprisonment.
She also led a storm on parliament on the anniversary of the suffragette protest in October.