EastEnders’ Nancy swaps Albert Square for Hampstead stage
- Credit: Archant
EastEnders’ star Maddy Hill was among stars of screen and stage who took part in a performance to raise cash for Wac Arts.
The award-winning actress, who plays Nancy Carter in the soap, was joined by co-star Ann Mitchell, who plays Cora Cross, to help raise £1,300 to provide places for young people at the arts centre in Haverstock Hill.
Respected Islington actor Simon Callow also took to the stage to perform extracts from Shakespeare with Ms Mitchell in the evening of music, poetry and theatre on August 23.
Others who took part in the Dalston Revolution event, included Casualty’s Martina Laird, jazz musicians Alex Garnett and Anoushka Lucas, and Camden actor Che Walker and American Ako Mitchell
Wac’s CEO Celia Greenwood said: “We would like to thank everyone for being part of the astonishing evening of performances.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised from ticket sales and donations guarantees places for six young people for a year at Wac, which is amazing.
“This will keep kids off the street and it enables us to empower them through the arts instead of through crime.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up