EastEnders’ Nancy swaps Albert Square for Hampstead stage
- Credit: Archant
EastEnders’ star Maddy Hill was among stars of screen and stage who took part in a performance to raise cash for Wac Arts.
The award-winning actress, who plays Nancy Carter in the soap, was joined by co-star Ann Mitchell, who plays Cora Cross, to help raise £1,300 to provide places for young people at the arts centre in Haverstock Hill.
Respected Islington actor Simon Callow also took to the stage to perform extracts from Shakespeare with Ms Mitchell in the evening of music, poetry and theatre on August 23.
Others who took part in the Dalston Revolution event, included Casualty’s Martina Laird, jazz musicians Alex Garnett and Anoushka Lucas, and Camden actor Che Walker and American Ako Mitchell
Wac’s CEO Celia Greenwood said: “We would like to thank everyone for being part of the astonishing evening of performances.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised from ticket sales and donations guarantees places for six young people for a year at Wac, which is amazing.
“This will keep kids off the street and it enables us to empower them through the arts instead of through crime.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged