Eastenders actress to kick off YMCA Crouch End Fun Run
- Credit: PA WIRE
Diane Parish, who plays Denise Fox, will be starting the adult and children’s races
The Eastenders actress will prove she is a good sport by running in the Crouch End Fun Run this weekend, a charity event to raise funds to help vulnerable young homeless people, organised by YMCA North London.
As well as fun runs for adults and childrens, there will be a festival event with interactive dance, and children will be able to enjoy activities such as a gladiator duel, go-karting, bungee runs and a bouncy castle.
The adult 10k race starts at 9.30am and follows a two lap route around the lower areas of Alexandra Palace Park. The nine children’s Fun Runs, split between different age groups and starting between 12-3pm, follow a one-mile long figure of eight circuit completely contained within Priory Park.
Race Director Fran Johnson said: “The Crouch End Funs Runs & Festival has evolved over 25 years into one of the largest community events in North London - a really fun day out, where each year, over 3,000 adult and child runners join in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
“We encourage everyone to raise sponsorship from your friends, family and colleagues through this challenging event!”
- The festival and fun run event will take place from 9am – 5pm on May 15.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke