Eastenders actress to join runners for Crouch End 10k
- Credit: Archant
Actress Lorna Fitzgerald, best known for her role as Abi Branning in EastEnders, has confirmed she will join hundreds of runners taking part in this year’s Crouch End 10k.
Lorna said: “This is a great community event and raises a lot of money for amazing causes.
“I’ve always enjoyed running, but it’s easy to put off going, until your jeans get too tight,” she said.
The 21-year-old added she was attracted by the community spirit and shared sense of achievement the event inspires.
“Can’t wait to see everyone there. Good luck and see you at the finish line,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA North London’s Fun Runs – combining one adult 10k and nine single mile children’s fun runs – raises funds for young homeless people at the charity’s Crouch End hostel.
A study put together by YMCA England found that last year more than one in five people recognised as homeless were aged 16-24 – a total of 13,030 young people in England.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
And according ot the YMCA the figures do not include the suspected “hidden homeless” – with as many as one third of young people having “sofa-surfed” because they had nowhere else to stay.