Eastenders actress to join runners for Crouch End 10k
- Credit: Archant
Actress Lorna Fitzgerald, best known for her role as Abi Branning in EastEnders, has confirmed she will join hundreds of runners taking part in this year’s Crouch End 10k.
Lorna said: “This is a great community event and raises a lot of money for amazing causes.
“I’ve always enjoyed running, but it’s easy to put off going, until your jeans get too tight,” she said.
The 21-year-old added she was attracted by the community spirit and shared sense of achievement the event inspires.
“Can’t wait to see everyone there. Good luck and see you at the finish line,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA North London’s Fun Runs – combining one adult 10k and nine single mile children’s fun runs – raises funds for young homeless people at the charity’s Crouch End hostel.
A study put together by YMCA England found that last year more than one in five people recognised as homeless were aged 16-24 – a total of 13,030 young people in England.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
And according ot the YMCA the figures do not include the suspected “hidden homeless” – with as many as one third of young people having “sofa-surfed” because they had nowhere else to stay.