Eastenders actress to join runners for Crouch End 10k
- Credit: Archant
Actress Lorna Fitzgerald, best known for her role as Abi Branning in EastEnders, has confirmed she will join hundreds of runners taking part in this year’s Crouch End 10k.
Lorna said: “This is a great community event and raises a lot of money for amazing causes.
“I’ve always enjoyed running, but it’s easy to put off going, until your jeans get too tight,” she said.
The 21-year-old added she was attracted by the community spirit and shared sense of achievement the event inspires.
“Can’t wait to see everyone there. Good luck and see you at the finish line,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA North London’s Fun Runs – combining one adult 10k and nine single mile children’s fun runs – raises funds for young homeless people at the charity’s Crouch End hostel.
A study put together by YMCA England found that last year more than one in five people recognised as homeless were aged 16-24 – a total of 13,030 young people in England.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
And according ot the YMCA the figures do not include the suspected “hidden homeless” – with as many as one third of young people having “sofa-surfed” because they had nowhere else to stay.