East Finchley fan meets Santi Cazorla and Arsenal heroes at Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
A lucky East Finchley boy enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime chance to walk onto the pitch with his footballing heroes before Arsenal’s match at the weekend.
Wessex Gardens Primary School pupil Calvin Da Cruz, seven, who lives in Norfolk Close, was chosen at random from 25,000 young Arsenal fans to be the Gunners’ mascot for their 2-1 Premier League victory over Aston Villa on Saturday (February 23).
As a member of Arsenal’s junior supporter’s club, known as the Junior Gunners, Calvin walked out in front of a packed house at the Emirates Stadium before kick-off and met the players ahead of the game.
The youngster also bagged players’ autographs and a brand new Arsenal kit.
He said: “Getting to meet all the players was the best part of the day, especially Santi Cazorla who scored both of Arsenal’s goals!”
You may also want to watch:
Spanish midfielder Cazorla said: “I really enjoyed meeting Calvin ahead of the Villa match, and it was good to see how excited he was to get a behind-the-scenes look at how things work on a matchday.
“I hope he had a memorable day and most importantly enjoyed the win!”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath