East Finchley fan meets Santi Cazorla and Arsenal heroes at Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
A lucky East Finchley boy enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime chance to walk onto the pitch with his footballing heroes before Arsenal’s match at the weekend.
Wessex Gardens Primary School pupil Calvin Da Cruz, seven, who lives in Norfolk Close, was chosen at random from 25,000 young Arsenal fans to be the Gunners’ mascot for their 2-1 Premier League victory over Aston Villa on Saturday (February 23).
As a member of Arsenal’s junior supporter’s club, known as the Junior Gunners, Calvin walked out in front of a packed house at the Emirates Stadium before kick-off and met the players ahead of the game.
The youngster also bagged players’ autographs and a brand new Arsenal kit.
He said: “Getting to meet all the players was the best part of the day, especially Santi Cazorla who scored both of Arsenal’s goals!”
You may also want to watch:
Spanish midfielder Cazorla said: “I really enjoyed meeting Calvin ahead of the Villa match, and it was good to see how excited he was to get a behind-the-scenes look at how things work on a matchday.
“I hope he had a memorable day and most importantly enjoyed the win!”
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge