East Finchley dog charity praises ‘king of comedy’ Ricky Gervais after £1,000 donation
- Credit: Archant
Ricky Gervais provided a “fantastic” surprise for an East Finchley dog charity by donating the proceeds of a warm-up gig held at the Arts Depot.
All Dogs Matter, in Aylmer Parade, only heard the news when Gervais announced it on Twitter after his Humanity tour performance on January 19.
General manager Ira Moss said the donation – not yet counted but thought to be about £1,000 – was an “amazing” gift that will help the charity care for sick dogs.
She said: “I went to the gig and it was fantastic – Ricky is the king of comedy as far as I’m concerned.
“But the donation shows he genuinely cares about animals and wants to help a local charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Moss said the money will be used to treat the many dogs being brought to the charity with illnesses.
She said: “We’re getting lots of dogs that have been abandoned because they are so unwell and our kennels are always full – we’ve had three in, all extremely sick, just this week.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
“We’ll spend the money on veterinary care.”