East Finchley dog charity praises ‘king of comedy’ Ricky Gervais after £1,000 donation
- Credit: Archant
Ricky Gervais provided a “fantastic” surprise for an East Finchley dog charity by donating the proceeds of a warm-up gig held at the Arts Depot.
All Dogs Matter, in Aylmer Parade, only heard the news when Gervais announced it on Twitter after his Humanity tour performance on January 19.
General manager Ira Moss said the donation – not yet counted but thought to be about £1,000 – was an “amazing” gift that will help the charity care for sick dogs.
She said: “I went to the gig and it was fantastic – Ricky is the king of comedy as far as I’m concerned.
“But the donation shows he genuinely cares about animals and wants to help a local charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Moss said the money will be used to treat the many dogs being brought to the charity with illnesses.
She said: “We’re getting lots of dogs that have been abandoned because they are so unwell and our kennels are always full – we’ve had three in, all extremely sick, just this week.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
“We’ll spend the money on veterinary care.”