East Finchley dog charity praises ‘king of comedy’ Ricky Gervais after £1,000 donation
- Credit: Archant
Ricky Gervais provided a “fantastic” surprise for an East Finchley dog charity by donating the proceeds of a warm-up gig held at the Arts Depot.
All Dogs Matter, in Aylmer Parade, only heard the news when Gervais announced it on Twitter after his Humanity tour performance on January 19.
General manager Ira Moss said the donation – not yet counted but thought to be about £1,000 – was an “amazing” gift that will help the charity care for sick dogs.
She said: “I went to the gig and it was fantastic – Ricky is the king of comedy as far as I’m concerned.
“But the donation shows he genuinely cares about animals and wants to help a local charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Moss said the money will be used to treat the many dogs being brought to the charity with illnesses.
She said: “We’re getting lots of dogs that have been abandoned because they are so unwell and our kennels are always full – we’ve had three in, all extremely sick, just this week.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
“We’ll spend the money on veterinary care.”